Alpbach Summer School on Entrepreneurship
Turn your ideas into reality!
From August 17 to 22, 2016 the European Forum Alpbach, the I.E.C.T. – Hermann Hauser and the University of Cambridge jointly invite you to participate in the Summer School on Entrepreneurship.
|Date & Place
August 17 to 22, 2016, Alpbach, Tyrol
This course coaches researchers on how to assess the commercial viability of their research and develop plans for new venture creation with global potential.
Who can participate?
Fees & Availability of Scholarships
BMVIT sholarships for students of Austrian universities.
Start your application here!
In cooperation with
Developed and supported by
This course coaches professional researchers on how to assess the commercial viability of their research and develop plans for new venture creation with global potential. The Alpbach Summer School on Entrepreneurship provides tools on how to start a business, valuable contacts with renowned entrepreneurs and experts and encourages Post-docs, PhD-students to turn their ideas into reality.
The Alpbach Summer School is jointly organised by The Institute for Entrepreneuship Cambridge – Tirol (I.E.C.T.) in cooperation with the University of Cambridge – and the European Forum Alpbach. It offers a nationally and internationally linked network of partners and knowledge.
Your Learning Outcomes
- Gain the inspiration, motivation and tools required to take the next steps in terms of commercializing ideas and progressing a global business
- Understand the process of taking novel technologies to the market
- Determine the best business models and marketing strategy to commercialise a new idea
- Have a great week of thinking time to accelerate your ideas, develop key entrepreneurial skills and contacts to exploit new ideas in response to customer needs more effectively
- Meet and experience global mentoring from senior entrepreneurs
- Be a part of a vibrant, like-minded community
- Improve social networking skills and the ability to pitch an idea
Who is it for?
The target group of the Summer school are Ph.D. or Post-Doc students and professional researchers from the fields of technology, science, advanced engineering, physics,life science and mathematics.
Check out the first programme draft
Conditions & Application
- The number of participants is limited to 30 outstanding young researchers.
- Candidates should possess an ambitious and energetic mindset.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Applicants currently in pre-start-up stage/initial stage are in no need of a business plan.
In order to participate you need to fill out the application form and send all the required documents. All applicants will be interviewed via Skype by the I.E.C.T. – mentors. Your project will be assessed in terms of innovation, novelty and sustainability. The project idea description will also be measured with help of Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 2-4.
As an accpeted participant you have to cover EUR 1,400 at your own expenses or generate sponsorships from your institutions in order to participate. The fees cover participation. Accommodation, travel costs and daily allowances are not included.
The Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (BMVIT) allocates full scholarships for a maximum of 10 students with main focus on science and technique. Eligible persons must be enrolled in an Austrian university or college in summer semester 2016. All participants of the Summer School that meet these criteria are candidates for this scholarship and the selection of the scholarship holders will be conducted by the I.E.C.T.
Accepted participants are notified by the end of June, 2016.
Start your application here!
The I.E.C.T. provides a brochure about the Summer School – here you can download the brochure Alpbach Summer School 2016.