Professional Programme on Strategies of Influence
Alpbach Professional Programme on Strategies of Influence
Look behind the scenes of politics! On August 26 and 27, 2017, the European Forum Alpbach will host the Professional Programme on Strategies of Influence.
Date & Place
August 26, 15:00-18:00
August 27, 09:00-12:00
Participants are required to be present during both days.
Place: Alpbach, Tyrol (exact venue will be published here in due course).
Strategies of influence provide insight into the nature, methods and networks of influence. It is a highly interactive three-day course encouraging maximum participation. The goal is to offer a behind-the-scenes view of how to exercise influence.
The programme is geared towards professionals, preferably from the political field, aged under 35 and advanced (at least master’s level) students.
- Paying participants can apply until July 31, 2017
- Confirmed Alpbach scholarship holders can apply until June 30, 2017
Fees & Availability of Scholarships
- Full participation fee: EUR 800,-; includes registration for the European Forum Alpbach Political Symposium
- Registered participants of the Political Symposium and confirmed scholarship holders of the European Forum Alpbach may participate in the event for free.
- In case you are applying solely for Strategies of Influence you still have to bear the costs for the Political Symposium (EUR 800,-) and assume the room booking yourself. Here is the link for the registration.
What would you do if you were EU leaders faced with the new administration of Donald Trump? How would you react if your company was being acquired by a Chinese state holding company? How can you manage your career so as to optimise and enhance your own personal strategy of influence?
Strategies of Influence is a programme requiring maximum participation that will help participants come up with answers to these and other questions. This programme runs prior to the Alpbach Political Symposium and offers behind-the-scenes insights into the nature, methods and networks of influence. It will focus on how important it is to know when and how to use influence in politics and business.
The programme is led by two seasoned experts in politics and business. Joachim Bitterlich studied law, economics and politics and is an ENA graduate. A staunch European and former diplomat, he was diplomatic and security policy advisor to Chancellor Helmut Kohl. Later on, he was German ambassador to NATO and Spain, as well as vice president for international affairs and Germany chairman at Veolia Environment. Today he is a professor at ESCP Europe Paris and works as a senior advisor and board member in business and administration. Nicholas Dungan is a former investment banker at Merrill Lynch and Société Générale. He is now an adjunct faculty member at Sciences Po Paris and a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council in Washington, D.C., as well as at the French Institute of International and Strategic Relations in Paris.
Your Learning Outcomes
- Learn how to exercise influence in organisations
- Create your own persona as an influencer
- Learn from real-life examples how to best reach impact through influence in politics and business
- Reflect on the teachings of each course through concrete questions taken from the official programme of the Political Symposium
Who is it for?
The programme addresses professionals aged under 35 and advanced students (at least master’s level) with a keen interest or involvement in the political sphere.
Conditions & Application
For paying particiants: Please send a short note on your profile (max. 200 words) and your motivation to participate in the programme by July 31.
A limited number of spots are available for confirmed scholarship holders of the European Forum Alpbach Foundation. Send us a short note on your profile (max. 200 words) and what you would contribute by June 30, 2017. Once you are accepted to the programme, your participation is compulsory.
Send your application via email to Ms Charlotte Steenbergen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline for scholarships of the Eureopan Forum Alpbach Foundation expired March 31, 2017. Find more information on the scholarship programme here.
For all questions concerning the Professional Programme on Strategies of Influence and your application please contact:
Charlotte Steenbergen (+43 (1) 718 17 11-24; email@example.com)