Summer School on Entrepreneurship (I.E.C.T.)
|Date & Place|
August 15 to 21, 2019, Wattens & Alpbach, TyrolOptional
August 22 – 24, 2019: access to Technology Symposium at the European Forum Alpbach
This course coaches participants on how to assess the commercial viability of their research and develop plans for new venture creation with global potential. The Summer School is organised by the I.E.C.T. – Institute for Entrepreneurship Cambridge –Tirol in partnership with the European Forum Alpbach and others. Who can participate?
Researchers and students (Master, PhD students, Post-Docs) from the fields of: technology, science, advanced engineering, physics, mathematics, photonics, life science and IT. Early-stage start-ups with technology and science projects.Application Deadlines
February 18 to May 31, 2019
The I.E.C.T. – Summer School on Entrepreneurship will show participants the way to successfully commercialise their ideas by guiding them through the processes of protecting their ideas, investigating and pinpointing the market, raising finance, building teams and selling their ideas. It has been specifically designed for the budding entrepreneur or corporate innovator who requires practical know-how in the development of a new business.
The overall aim of the Summer School is to provide participants with know-how from experienced mentors and serial entrepreneurs as well as with national and international network.
Your Learning Outcomes
- Gain the inspiration, motivation and tools required to take the next steps
- Understand the process of taking novel technologies to the market
- Determine the best business models and marketing strategy to commercialise a new idea
- Have a great week of thinking time to accelerate your ideas, develop key entrepreneurial skills and contacts to exploit new ideas in response to customer needs more effectively
- Meet and experience global mentoring from senior entrepreneurs
- Be a part of a vibrant, like-minded community
- Improve social networking skills and the ability to pitch an idea
Who is it for?
The target group of the Summer school are researchers and students (Master, PhD students, Post-Docs) from the fields of technology, science, advanced engineering, physics, mathematics, photonics, life science and IT as well as early-stage start-ups with technology and science projects.
Conditions & Application
- The number of participants is limited to 30 outstanding participants.
- Candidates should possess an ambitious and energetic mindset.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Applicants currently in pre-start-up stage/initial stage are in no need of a business plan.
In order to participate you need to send all the required documents. All applicants will be interviewed via Skype by the I.E.C.T. – mentors. Your project will be assessed in terms of innovation, novelty and sustainability. The project idea description will also be measured with help of Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 2-4.
As an accepted participant you have to cover EUR 1,800 at your own expenses or generate sponsorships from your institutions in order to participate. The fees cover participation. Accommodation, travel costs and daily allowances are not included.
Start your application here!
For all questions concerning the Summer School and your application please contact:
Magdalena Hauser email@example.com