Summer School on Entrepreneurship
|Date & Place
August 17 to 23, 2017, Wattens & Alpbach, Tyrol
Who can participate?
In cooperation with
Developed and supported by
The I.E.C.T. – Summer School on Entrepreneurship will show participants the way to successfully commercialise their ideas by guiding them through the processes of protecting their ideas, investigating and pinpointing the market, raising finance, building teams and selling their ideas. It has been specifically designed for the budding entrepreneur or corporate innovator who requires practical know-how in the development of a new business.
The overall aim of the Summer School is to provide participants with know-how from experienced mentors and serial entrepreneurs as well as with national and international network.
Your Learning Outcomes
- Gain the inspiration, motivation and tools required to take the next steps
- Understand the process of taking novel technologies to the market
- Determine the best business models and marketing strategy to commercialise a new idea
- Have a great week of thinking time to accelerate your ideas, develop key entrepreneurial skills and contacts to exploit new ideas in response to customer needs more effectively
- Meet and experience global mentoring from senior entrepreneurs
- Be a part of a vibrant, like-minded community
- Improve social networking skills and the ability to pitch an idea
Who is it for?
The target group of the Summer school are researchers and students (Master, PhD students, Post-Docs) from the fields of technology, science, advanced engineering, physics, mathematics, photonics, life science and IT as well as early-stage start-ups with technology and science projects.
Check out the first programme draft
Conditions & Application
- The number of participants is limited to 30 outstanding participants.
- Candidates should possess an ambitious and energetic mindset.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Applicants currently in pre-start-up stage/initial stage are in no need of a business plan.
In order to participate you need to send all the required documents. All applicants will be interviewed via Skype by the I.E.C.T. – mentors. Your project will be assessed in terms of innovation, novelty and sustainability. The project idea description will also be measured with help of Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 2-4.
As an accpeted participant you have to cover EUR 1,500 at your own expenses or generate sponsorships from your institutions in order to participate. The fees cover participation. Accommodation, travel costs and daily allowances are not included.
Start your application here!
For all questions concerning the Summer School and your application please contact:
Magdalena Hauser firstname.lastname@example.org
The I.E.C.T. provides a brochure about the Summer School – here you can download the brochure Alpbach Summer School 2017.