The European Forum Alpbach endeavours to continuously improve its security measures. Please note the following:
- Only participants with valid participant badges are allowed to enter the Congress Centre Alpbach and the Hauptschule.
- If you haven’t yet collected your badge from reception in the Congress Centre Alpbach, please do so at least 30 minutes before the start of the event you plan to attend.
- Please bring a valid official identity document with you in case you need to prove your identity.
- For security reasons, you are not allowed to bring the following items into the event building:
- large items that could cause an obstruction such as suitcases, bags or rucksacks. You can leave small items such as jackets, umbrellas or briefcases in the cloak rooms of the Congress Centre Alpbach and the Hauptschule.
- items that are pointed or sharp or otherwise dangerous are not allowed.
Sparkasse Alpbach, Nr. 172, Tel.: +43 50100 76430, Mon – Fri 8:00 – 12:00, 14:00 – 16:30. Sat closed.
Fire Brigade 122
Mountain Rescue 140
European Emergency Telephone Number 112
Some of our measures
Recycled office paper only
Free direct shuutle service to Wörgl station and back for easy access to the national train service. See our travel page for details.
Free evening shuttle service from Alpbach to accommodations.
Use and encouragement of train travel and carbon-offsetting
Fuel efficient car fleet
E-Bike rental service for our participants
Catering with regional, fair trade and organic products
How you can contribute
To ensure that the European Forum Alpbach will be an ecologically responsible event, we depend on your participation and co-operation. To help us, please:
Use the waste separation system provided in the Congress Centre
Return your plastic badge holders at the reception before you leave
Use the (evening) shuttle service we provide rather than cars
Travel to Alpbach by train rather than by plane or car
Thank you for helping us to keep Alpbach Green!
In addition, free wireless lan is available in the Congress Centre Alpbach, Primary School and Secondary School.
The plenary meetings taking place in the Erwin-Schrödinger-Saal, Elisabeth-Herz-Kremenak-Saal and the Liechtenstein-Hayek-Saal are translated simultaneously into English and German. Earphones and receivers can be lent at the door – please hand them back after the plenary meetings. Please note that most events in other venues are held in German or English without translation. For details, please see the inside of the programme.
Our special thanks goes to the interpreters who are kindly volunteering their service.
Please contact our staff at the reception. Have mail sent to your name c/o Europäisches Forum Alpbach, Nr. 246, 6236 Alpbach, Austria; fax messages to +43 (5336) 600 501.
The pharmacy is located in the doctor’s practice. Opening hours as above.
Opening Hours: Mon – Fri 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon, 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Sat closed.
All Plenary Sessions take place in the Alpbach Congress Centre. It is the main contact point for all inquiries related to the events taking place during the Forum. In the Congress Centre, you will find the reception, the office of the European Forum Alpbach, the press centre, the office of the tourist association, the editorial department of the Alpbach Media Academy, as well as a snack bar. Other important locations hosting our events are:
- Secondary School (Hauptschule Alpbach): hosts the Seminar Week and most of the working sessions
- Elementary School (Volksschule Alpbach): hosts the Alpbach Summer Schools; free access to the internet for all participants is provided in the rooms on the ground floor
- Neighbouring hotels: host individual working sessions, social events and most of the activities organised by the Standing Committee
Here you can find a map of the main locations in Alpbach. Our website and the printed version of the programme provide you with further important information. Unforeseen changes to the programme or venues will be posted on our website as well as on the bulletin boards.