Media Academy 2014
Reporting – Discussion – Training
The Alpbach Media Academy is a unique training programme for 15 young journalism students from all over Europe. During the European Forum Alpbach participants of the Media Academy can dive into the real world of reporting on European affairs, they have access to the most prominent interview partners and get feedback from experienced mentors. Their reporting is accessible on the regular printed newspaper “Alpbach News” as well as on the official website and social media channels of the European Forum Alpbach. The highlights of the European Forum Alpbach 2014 are summarized in a final magazine published in autumn 2014. In a one-week-long media seminar participants get an overview over the situation of media in Europe today and deep their understanding of the role of media in our society
The Mentors 2014
We are happy to welcome a diverse and international team of mentors supervising the Alpbach Media Academy:
- Michael Fleischhacker – Head
- Anke Plättner – Co-Head
- Marianne Peters – Senior Advisor
- Mark Meredith – Sub-Editor
- Georg Renner – Managing Editor
- Willem Van der Vlught – Layout
- Lukas David Wagner – Video
- Aida Skirmantaite – Proofreading
The Students 2014
The 15 Alpbach Media Academy students have been nominated by their respective universities and come from 14 different countries: Kathrin Nussmayer und Manuela Ringbauer (Austria), Maria Danmark Nielsen (Denmark), Jan Schacht (Germany), Conor Campbell (Ireland), Luigi Caputo (Italy), Slobodan Maricic (Serbia), Maialen Torres (Spain), Silvia Amaro (Portugal), Gesbeen Mohammad (Finland), Natalie Marsh (UK), Stella Nikolova (Bulgaria), Elena Vershinina (Russia), Εlvira Krithari (Greece), Aleksandr Guzenko (Ukraine).
Follow the Alpbach Media Academy
- AlpBuzz – the art of reducing complex topics to easy-to-understand bits available at the official website of the European Forum Alpbach.
- Alpbach Today – A printed leaflet that sums up the most important happenings of the day, distributed to the participants in Alpbach.
- Alpbach Magazine – 8 printed magazines summing up each Symposium as soon as it is finished.
- Social Media– at facebook and twitter the young journalists share their insights into what is happening on the spot with the community.
Die Alpbacher Medienakademie 2014 wird unterstützt von