Training & Fee Waiver for Professionals from CEE
Apply for a journalism training or a fee waiver and challenge yourself in the international and intellectually stimulating atmosphere of Europe’s ‘Festival of Ideas’!
The European Forum Alpbach stands for future oriented dialogue between stakeholders who shape peaceful and democratic coexistence in Europe. Together with the National Endowment of Democracy (NED), the European Forum Alpbach Foundation has successfully supported civil society activists, journalists and academics from Central and Eastern Europe over the past three years.
Due to rising authoritarian tendencies across Europe, this group has less and less possibilities to connect and let their voice be heard. EFA is deeply concerned about this development and therefore wants to offer a platform for meaningful dialogue and resourceful contacts to professionals from Central and Eastern European EU citizens.
This year for the first time, the Forum will be a 12-day online conference (23.08.-03.09.2020). We will receive inputs from partner organisations all over the world. Together we will discuss the restart of our societies after the pandemic and the Fundamentals of our future. Between 28 August and 1 September, further networking and exchange opportunities will be offered to NED beneficiaries.
- Are you working in the field of civil society, media and academia in Central and Eastern Europe*? Would you like to share your expertise on the strengths and weaknesses of democracy in your country? Send a short CV and motivation letter (max. 300 words) to email@example.com. Application deadline: 07.08.2020. Further information: NED Call for Application Professionals 2020
- Together with the Thomson Reuters Foundation (TRF), EFAF and NED offer an online Advanced Journalism Training for journalists from CEE countries. Please apply via the TRF online application tool. More information on eligibility and submissions (deadline: 31.07.2020): Link.
- Meeting high-level decision makers and renowned scientists screen-to-screen;
- Building an international network of young academics, journalists and other members of civil society;
- Experiencing an interdisciplinary and intergenerational dialogue;
- Access to the entire European Forum Alpbach online conference (23.08.-03.09.2020) and to a series of sessions organised exclusively for NED beneficiaries (28.08.-01.09.2020).
Applications will be accepted from representatives of civil society, media and academia from Central and Eastern European countries, with a specific focus on Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia. EFA alumni who have previously participated in the NED programme are invited to fill out our call for alumni applications.