Scholarships of the European Forum Alpbach Foundation and Partner Organisations
The grant to participate in the Seminar Week and the Alpbach Symposia is available to young people up to 30 years of age. We welcome applications from all countries (except Austria) and academic disciplines, and encourage artists and non-graduates to apply.
The basic scholarship covers the participation fee for all events at the European Forum Alpbach 2017. Should you not have sufficient funds to cover the costs of your stay in Alpbach, you can apply for an additional grant providing accommodation and a daily allowance for food and drink (please indicate this in the online application). Travel costs cannot be refunded.
Please note that the European Forum Alpbach Foundation and its partner organisations support only international applicants. Austrian applicants should refer to one of the Austrian Clubs and Initiative Groups (Forum Alpbach Network).
Next to our regular scholarship opportunities provided by the European Forum Alpbach Foundation, we offer special scholarships in cooperation with our partner organisations (listed below). If you would like to apply for a scholarship by the BMVIT please note it in your motivation letter. For all the other opportunities we will do the matching for you. Please don’t contact the partner organisations directly.
Special scholarships provided by our partner organisations:
- Partner scholarships in cooperation with the Austrian Development Agency: the agency awards European Forum Alpbach scholarships for purposes of further education for students from Eastern and South-eastern Europe and Africa. These are available to students in higher education or with a university degree from Albania, Armenia, Georgia, Kosovo and the Republic of Moldova, Ukraine, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Mozambique and Uganda.
- Partner scholarships with the Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation: The foundation supports scholarships for students from the United States of America.
- Partner scholarships with the the Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (BMVIT): the ministry awards scholarships for students of natural sciences and technology enrolled at an Austrian university. For more details on this scholarship please click here.
- Partner scholarships with the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) Foundation: The NED Foundation aims to strengthen democracy around the world. They generously grant scholarships for students from: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Greece, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Ukraine and Turkey.
- Partner scholarships with the Austrian Integration Fund: As a partner of the European Forum Alpbach, the Austrian Integration Fund supports students from a migrant background, third-country nationals, beneficiaries of subsidiary protection and asylees living in Austria and being currently enrolled at an Austrian university, with a scholarship for the fifth time. The Austrian Integration Fund’s aim is the linguistic, occupational, and social integration of refugees and immigrants in Austria.
- Partner scholarships with Swarovski: Swarovski is proud, as a general partner of the European Forum Alpbach, to offer scholarships enabling students in the field of design, innovation and entrepreneurship to participate.
We would like to thank all organizations that are supporting the Alpbach scholarship programme:
Austrian Development Agency – ADA | Billa AG | Bundesministerium für Land- und Forstwirtschaft, Umwelt und Wasserwirtschaft | Bundesministerium für Verkehr, Innovation und Technologie | Bundesministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Wirtschaft | Erste Group Bank AG | ERSTE Stiftung | Generali Holding Vienna AG | Kiwanis-Club Bozen | Kulturabteilung der Stadt Wien (MA 7) | Notartreuhandbank AG | Österreichischer Integrationsfonds | Österreichisches Rotes Kreuz | Károly Pataki | Philip Morris Austria GmbH | PORR AG | Stiftung Propter Homines | PwC Österreich GmbH | Raiffeisen Bank International AG | Samsung Electronics Austria GmbH | Swarovski AG | Trenkwalder International AG | VTB Bank (Austria) AG | Wien Holding GmbH | Wiener Zeitung GmbH | Wirtschaftskammer Österreich, Bundessparte Tourismus und Freizeitwirtschaft