Call for Seminar Assistants
APPLY AS A SEMINAR ASSISTANT and take part in the European Forum Alpbach 2022
Have you already been a scholarship holder in Alpbach? Did you enjoy the Alpbach Seminars and would like to get more involved in terms of content and organisation? Join us again – this time as a Seminar Assistant – and support the Seminar Chairs in transforming Alpbach into an insiprational place that opens minds and souls for Europe’s future.
THE APPLICATION PLATFORM IS CLOSED ALREADY. RESULTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY THE END OF MAY 2022.
The changed structure of the EFA22 has also an impact on the Alpbach Seminars. In order to better integrate the seminars into the overall programme, the seminars will take place every morning for the whole duration of the event. Scholarship holders will decide on two seminars, each of the seminars running for one week. The interplay of scientific, creative and skills-orientated activities, together with the conference programme of panels, workshops and plenary debates in the afternoons turn Alpbach into a place of innovative knowledge transfer and holistic learning.
Seminar Assistants play an important role in ensuring the success of the seminars. Therefore, it is essential for Seminar Assistants to be in Alpbach for the whole duration of the event, as they will be supporting two seminars (one in each week). Throughout the time Seminar Assistants will be supported by the team responsible for the Alpbach Seminars.
Being a “Seminar Assistant”
- Making an active contribution to the delivery of the seminar programme
- Providing logistical and administrative support for the successful delivery of the seminars
- Acting as the communication link between the seminars and the EFA office
- Supporting two seminars – one during each week
- Producing a creative report of each seminar
- Participate at an onboarding event before the event EFA22
- Strengthening the EFA network after the event by initiating an active contribution to and promotion of the European Forum Alpbach in your home country
- You have already been a scholarship holder at the EFA & you are not older than 35 years
- You would like to get more involved in the Alpbach Seminars in terms of content and organisation
- You hold at least a bachelor degree and probably a Masters degree or more
- You have experience of or are interested in a range of methods of learning and teaching
- You are willing to support two assigned seminars in a variety of ways
- You would like to strengthen the Alpbach community after the EFA22
- You can participate at the event for its whole duration (20 August – 2 September 2022)
- You will expand and deepen your Alpbach experience
- You will be a key part of the Alpbach community – with connections to the Forum Alpbach Network (FAN)
- You will be supported throughout your responsibilities by Prof. Howard Williamson
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in the EFA programme throughout your stay
- You will have a side programme of activities tailored to your needs
- Your EFA22 participation costs, accommodation costs and daily allowances will be covered
- Your accommodation can be organised by EFA (overnight stay in shared rooms near Alpbach).
How to apply:
You can apply via the EFA online application platform between 15 April (12 pm – CEST) and 1 May 2022 (11:59 pm – CEST).
Please contact: Bernadette Zimmermann, Alpbach Seminars, firstname.lastname@example.org